Day 19 Recipe 19
White Chicken Enchiladas (via http://joyful-mommas-kitchen.blogspot.com/2011/09/white-chicken-enchiladas.html)
These were a little time consuming I would suggest using a store bought rotisserie chicken to save time. Otherwise these were very good! I served mine with black beans and brown rice seasoned with cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and salt and pepper for taste.
*These are seriously so so good*
10 soft taco shells
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4 oz) can diced green chillies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 pan
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.